Selecting A Fabrication Company
So you are in need of a metal fabrication company but don’t know where to start! It is important to pre qualify the fabrication company and be sure you feel comfortable working together as they will be your partner for the duration of the project.
Here are a few tips on what you should consider when selecting a fabrication company for your next fabrication project.
- Experience – Like any other project you will want to be sure the fabrication company you select is experienced in the welding and fabrication trade. It is important they understand relevant codes, industry standards, and have completed similar projects. Also if they are able to supply references and testimonials that would be a plus.
- Capabilities – The fabrication company that you select does not have to be large however they must have the capability to efficiently provide the service. It is important that the company have the design capability, material familiarlity, a facility for delivery and to perform off-site work, and production capabilities.
- Quality & Consistency – What type of quality assurance measures does the fabrication company have in place? How close does the foreman or supervisor work with the technicians on the job?
- Customer Service – It is important to understand all aspects of your project. Be sure the welding and fabrication company explains the process, will provide time lines and intends to keep you in “the loop” throughout the entire project.
- Pricing – We all know prices may vary and it is not always best to select the cheapest vender. Be sure to take into account your prospective fabricators, experience, material purchasing power, and reviews before making a final decision.
Freehold Welding Inc. has had the pleasure of working with a wide range of clients over the years. Many times our clients return to us time and time again because they know they can trust us to work to schedule and the highest standards. Speak to our friendly and helpful team now at (732) 577 1516. You can also use our contact form to get in touch.